Monday, February 09, 2009

A New Vision


It’s been ages since I posted anything of significance here, primarily because I’ve started a new job as Southwestern Ontario Rep for World Vision Canada. As you are well aware, the first month or two at a new job means there is a big learning curve and lots of things to get up to speed on. It’s been pretty hectic but completely rewarding as well. Especially as I’ve had opportunity to do presentations and work alongside students, teachers, and youth leaders in raising awareness of poverty and social justice issues in our broken world.
It’s been a four or five year journey that brought me to this place, but for the first time in my life I believe my God-given skills and my God-driven passion have come together in my career. I’m not a big believer in coincidences. The fact that the company I worked for went bankrupt and then the job I’d been seeking for two years just happened to come available smacks a little too much of divine intervention to be just a coincidence. I’m looking forward to what the year ahead holds and am honoured to be working on behalf of “the least of these.”

1 comment:

Tuneman said...

So happy for you :)