Monday, July 11, 2005

The Show - Day One Continued

One of the fun parts of the convention is meeting some of the authors and artists who are doing book or CD signings. There's not a lot of time for us to do this because we have a fairly heavy schedule of meetings but there's usually one or two opportunities during the day. Of course, being a distributor, and a professional, you're not expected to get too excited over these events but it's hard not to when there are such huge lineups and flashbulbs going off everywhere. Here you see Rebecca St. James having her photo taken with a young fan (my camera doesn't take indoor shots very well so you'll have to excuse the blurriness.) I also said hi to R.C. Sproul today whose book The Holiness of God was one of those seminal, life-changing books for me. R.C. is definitely in my pantheon of great authors.

I had a chance to chat with Ron & Ann Mainse from 100 Huntley Street this afternoon and I'm pleased to say that they are really nice folks. They're down here looking to make connections with authors and publishers that would make good guests on the program and we are only too happy to help them out in that mission!

No comments: