Monday, January 16, 2006

Free At Last, Free At Last

I was reminded this morning by an audio clip on CBC that today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the U.S. If ever there were something worth celebrating, it is the life of Dr. King. Most people know his leagacy so I won't repeat it here. I would just encourage you to follow the links below and be reminded again just what the Kingdom of God is all about.

Build the Dream.org
I Have A Dream
Letter From A Birmingham Jail
The King Center

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

No comments: