Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm Gonna' Be In Politics!

Well, well, well. It seems that little ol' me might be getting embroiled in this election campaign after all. Generally speaking, I try to keep my politcal views to myself unless I'm talking to someone who thinks the same way I do - too many hard feelings, etc. That being said, I just had a call from the CBC to potentially take part in the live Q&A time with Stephen Harper if it actually happens. As of right now it hasn't been confirmed, nor has a location, but if it's in Toronto there's a good chance I'll be there. WooHoo! Here's the question I submitted:

There has been very little discussion in this campaign about international aid to impoverished countries. Furthermore, there has been no attempt to address child poverty and homelessness here in Canada. In reviewing the websites of the major parties, it would appear that the NDP are the only party to consider either of these issues in their election platform. What commitment are you (Mr.’s Martin/Harper) willing to make toward these issues as well as the Millennium Development Goals?

I'll keep you posted, but if I make it, watch for me early next week asking my question to Mr. Harper live and in-person!

No comments: