Sunday, December 22, 2013

Downloadable Dozen #11: Silver - The Gray Havens



Admittedly, this is a pretty obscure choice for my top twelve list, but from the moment I first heard The Gray Havens on Under the Radar, I was hooked on their unique sound and intelligent lyrics. This song was one of three that I had a hard time choosing between. They're using Kickstarter to raise funds for a full-length album, hopefully in April 2014. If you like their sound, click here to help them out.

Favourite Lyric
We were taken through the shadows,
We were carried through the night,
When the sun appeared
My fears of silver melted in the light,
And we saw the world with different eyes,
And we sang...
We will cross any water any water,
And if we find, there's a song that's getting stronger,
We will sound all of our silver songs
And we will know if they belong.

No comments: