Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Downloadable Dozen #9: Counting Stars - OneRepublic



As you've probably guessed by now, I'm not a big fan of top 40 pop music, but every once in a while a real gem comes along that deserves to be recognized. This infectious song by OneRepublic is just catchy enough and lyrically interesting enough to keep me singing along every time I hear it. Katy Perry's Roar came in a close second to this track, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate that song in about six months. That's pretty much how I feel about most pop songs. Counting Stars at least has a chance of still being in rotation a year from now.

Favourite Lyric
Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

No comments: