Monday, December 23, 2013

Downloadable Dozen #10: Come Unto Me - The Mavericks



This is the first of several country songs that made the list this year. With a few notable exceptions, overall I found this a disappointing year in rock/pop music. Thankfully there were some incredible albums released by country artists, including The Mavericks who put out their first record in ten years. There are a handful of great tracks on the album, but this is my favourite. The lyrics are not particularly clever, but the music is outstanding. Enjoy the live performance above.

Favourite Lyric
There is nothing that anyone can say to me
To persuade me to change my mind needlessly
For here I am and I will stay
To long for you in every way
To love you better, come what may
To fight for you another day, day, day

No comments: