Thursday, December 26, 2013

Downloadable Dozen #7: Reflektor - Arcade Fire



I'm not sure that the latest Arcade Fire album stands up as well as their previous material (which still makes it better than 98% of everything else out there), but Reflektor is one heck of a good song and as lyrically enigmatic as anything else they've written. The beauty of a song like Reflektor is that it is open to interpretation. I would guess Arcade Fire likes it this way. I take it as a reflection on death, God, and the afterlife. But it could just be about some girl.

Favourite Lyric
It’s just a reflection of a reflection
Of a reflection of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side?
We all got things to hide
It’s just a reflection of a reflection
Of a reflection of a reflection
Will I see you on the other side?
We all got things to hide

No comments: