Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Downloadable Dozen #8: I Will - Andy Gullahorn



I first heard Andy Gullahorn when Jason Gray shared a file of Andy's latest album Beyond The Frame with me on a flight from Calgary to Vancouver. There are not many records that can bring a tear to my eye, but this one did...on the plane. Jason said Andy was his favourite songwriter and now I know why. Every song on the album is beautiful, deep, and meaningful. This track in particular speaks to the brokenness in all of us and that sometimes the very best thing we can do is just cry together through the dark times. It's beautiful, it's haunting, and it speaks to somewhere very deep inside me.

Favourite Lyric
Sometimes, people think it's better
Feeding you an answer
To what you can't understand
But if you want someone who
Will just cry with you
I can

No comments: