Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heading Home Today

Today was a bit mellow as I think it was starting to sink in that we were not only leaving Ecuador, but also heading our own separate ways once we arrive in Canada. It has been a great two weeks shared with some incredible people who have been part of a life changing experience. I'm leaving Ecuador full of love and full of life. Everyone I've been traveling with has played a part in making this trip better than I could have ever imagined. It will be hard to say goodbye tonight.

We went to the Quito market again to pick up a few last-minute souvenirs then over to La Ronda one last time to have lunch and hang out at the hostel where the other half of the group was staying. The rain started pouring down as Autumn, Danny, and I ducked into a little cafe for hot chocolate and coffee, matching the sadness that I (and I suspect everyone else) was feeling.

It's a little difficult to process these emotions right now. I know my family is back home in Canada, and I miss them terribly, but at the same time, I have a new bond with these friends and will miss seeing them every morning...miss the laughter, the discussions, the adventures, the loud moments and the quiet times we've shared. I'll even miss Danny saying, "Hey Brad, take a picture for me!"

Another two hours until it's time to head out. If I have a chance I'll update again. If not, Toronto here I come...

For complete photos from the journey click here.

No comments: