Friday, August 20, 2010

NOT Heading Home Today

Well, well, well...some wishes do come true! Looks like I'm staying in Quito for another couple of days. The Avianca flight Michelle and I were on was cancelled tonight 30 minutes after we had already boarded the plane (mechanical issues of some kind.) Danny got bumped from his Delta flight as well, but Autumn managed to fly out.

The airline is putting us up in the Hilton Colon hotel all expenses paid until we can be rescheduled. As Danny would put it, I "put myself out there" and sat with a couple of Ecuadorian folks (who now live in Toronto) for supper once we arrived back at the Hilton. It was great to share with them why I was in Ecuador and how much I loved their country. I was really touched when a kind gentleman named Mike thanked me for helping the children of Ecuador. As if I didn't already know it, comments like that remind me that I have the best job in the world.

Off to bed now. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

For complete photos from the journey click here.

No comments: