Friday, August 20, 2010

The Last Day...For Real This Time

I spent most of the day hanging out at the hotel today waiting to hear from Avianca about flight arrangements home. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning at 6:20 AM which means I have to be in the lobby at 4:00 AM for the shuttle to the airport. It's gonna be a loooooooong day.

I suppose most people would consider this a beautiful hotel but after what I've seen over the past couple of weeks I think my idea of beauty has been forever changed. I used to live for big, impressive hotels like this but right now I'd rather be in a little hostel in Mindo or playing with some kids in the dirty streets of a rural ADP community. That is real beauty. This is just a facade. I've been trying to live a simpler life over the past few years but after visiting here I'm longing for it in a deep, profound way. Perhaps I'll change my mind the next time an opportunity comes around, but as of right now, I can't imagine going on another resort/cruise vacation. Give me this simple life and let me live.

For complete photos from the journey click here.

No comments: